Tuesday 12 June 2012

MUA Review.

Hey,
Recently i have been watching videos on youtube and reading blogs about MUA make up. The products start at the price of £1 and ranges up to £4 for palettes. I thought i would give the products a try and see what i thought of them due to them being so cheap and becoming so popular, as even if i didn't like the stuff i haven't broke the bank to purchase these items.
A bit about the products they are available to purchase at Superdrug http://www.superdrug.com/, http://www.superdrug.com/search?q=mua and from the Makeup Academy Website http://www.muastore.co.uk/store. I personally purchased my chosen items, which were a Blusher, a pressed powder, a nail varnish and two lipstick from my local Superdrug.*


All purcahsed items.

I now wish i had bought myself an eyeshadow or even a palette to try, as i love these products. I will be honest at the price range of £1 - £4 i didnt think they would be as good as they are. All items are very pigmented and work well to compliment each other.
Blusher Shade 1. Pressed powder Shade 3
 


I found they both were great for pigmentation and are both very blendable. I love how the pressed powder is soft to touch and doesn't have that "makeup" smell, it's easy to apply and doesn't make my face look cakey. I have found when using a brush that the powder tends to break up into a loose powder form making it easier to apply to certain areas. The powder always is good at setting my foundation and i love cheap this product actually is. this is now one of my favorite powders and i give it a rating 4.5 out of 5. The blusher has a nice shimmer to it, not too much but is subtle. I think i might go back and grab a Coral colour as i love everything about this blusher and maybe in time i will have a few more colours too. I don't tend to use blusher as i feel they always make me look a bit too done up, but this is blendable and you can add as much as you like. The blusher colours range from the pink i bought through a coral in a deep plum colour. I give this blusher a 5 out of 5 i love this blusher. 

Lipstick Shade 4 and shade 16 (Nectar)

 


I love these lipsticks! As you can see my the picture they are highly pigmented and i have been loving the pink shade(shade4). I feel these lipsticks are very moisturising and can be built up. Lipsticks for me tend to stick to the dry areas of my lips making my lips look cracked and horrible, but these don't. You don't need to use much of the product to get a look on the lips and this spreads on the lips perfectly. MUA has 16 different shades to choose from so far and i hope they bring out more. I think also that as this brand has gotten more popular they have started to name there colours as i have a shade 4 and sahde 16 nectar. I think over time i will purchase every colour in these lipsticks as they are very close second to my favorite lipsticks. I rate these lipsticks 4.5 out of 5 due it being very close to my favorite brand but not 100% as brilliant.

Nail Varnish Shade 4
 

I love nail varnishs, i have a big collection of nail varnishes, i would rather have my nails looking perfect and pretty than a full face of make up. I decieded to try this collection, as the nail varnishes looked very pigmented and plus for a £1 your can't moan. You will need two coats, as like other nail varnishes to get a nice even finish, product isn't too watery, easy to remove and i found didn't chip as much as i expected. Being a hair stylist i tend to use my hands alot and over time i find my nails breaks, chip or my nail varnish chips and cracks leaving my nails un-sightly, but this help keep my nails strong and tough so no breakages and it did chip slightly but not as much as some nail varnishes i have used in the past. Mua also do a line called Loves hearts which do nail varnishes for £2 and have Nail Quakes (Cracked effect) and Glitter Nail. i think i will be purchasing more of their nail varnishes. i give this a 4 out of 5, good for it's price.

I hope you enjoyed my views and please leave a comment telling me what you think of these products too. Whats your favorite item? 

 Here is the MUA Blog http://muacosmetics.blogspot.co.uk/ Please follow MUA as they give up step my step how to create looks using their products and will answer any of your questions.

Until next time Mwahh xx

*Disclaimer: All items mentioned in this blog were purchased by myself with my own money.


No comments:

Post a Comment