Wednesday 25 July 2012

My Top 5 Books Series.

Hey Guys,
Today i thought i would take to you about  books i would Recommend to everyone to read. I have thought long and hard which books i would recommend and came up with my top five books series. There is a bit of everything in my selection, just no si-fi as i have never really been into si-fi.
I would like to start by saying these are all my own opinions, if you have a few favorite books write it in a comment below and i will try and read the books.
My Top 5 Boook Series.
1) Harry Potter By J.K.Rowling.
Who hasn't already read these books or even seen the films? Even thought i am going to be 20 in September i still love these films and books. I find them very cleverly written for both children and adults to enjoy them.
As you may or may not know there are 7 books to this series and 8 films. The titles of these books are: Harry Potter and the Philosspher's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows. You can purchase them books from Waterstones, Amazon and Ebay.  You can purchase the films from and DVD shop where you live or Ebay or Amazon.
2) Scarpetta Novels By Patricia Cornwell.
As mentioned in a past blog here, i have found a new love of Patricia Cornwell novels. I would recommend everyone to read at least one as they are gripping. If you read the stories in order you get to know the characters in the novels more, but even if you read an odd book from the middle otr the end it doesn't matter as they all have there own little story to them. The Scarpetta novels is an expanding series, just recently another book has been written by Patricia Cornwell. In order so far the Titles are: Postmortem, Body of Evidence, All that Remains, Cruel and Unusual, The Body Farm, From Potter's Field, Cause of Dealth, Unnatural Exposure, Point of Origin, Black Notice, The Last Precinct, Blow Fly, Trace, Predator, Book of the Dead, Scarpetta, The Scarpetta Factor, Post Mortuary, Red Mist and The Bone Bed. All these can be purchased from Waterstones, Ebay and Amazon.
3) Twilight By Stephenie Meyer.
As most people will have read the Twilight series, but it is still one of my favorites. Like Harry Potter these have also come out in film. I loved these books and each time a new films comes out i re-read all of the stories again as i am a geek. I will say one thing that annoys me still to this day is why is it called the Twilight series? The first book was called Twilight yes but not all of them go on about Twilight. There are four books and five films. The titles of these books are: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Braking Dawn. You can Purchase the books from Waterstones, Ebay and Amazon. You can purchase the Dvds from and Dvd shop by where you live or Ebay or Amazon.
4) Shopaholic Series By Sophie Kinsella.
The shopaholic series i actually started reading after i had watched Connfessions of a Shopaholic film. I loved the film so much i needed to read the books too. I have read a few of Sophie Kinsella's books in the past and found it was easy to read her books and they grab the reader from cover to cover. The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic and Confessions of a Shoaholic is the same book, but was re-written as Confessions of a Shopaholic for the film. The Shopaholic Series in order is: The Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Abroad, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic & Sister, Shopaholic & Baby and Mini Shopaholic. You can purchase the book from Waterstones, Ebay and Amazon. You can purchase the Dvd from any Dvd shop by where you live or Ebay or Amazon.
5) The Series of Unfortunate Events By Lmeony snicket.
This series is really more for children than adults but i had to put this in my top 5 as this was my favorite book series when i was growing up and if i remember right i had read this books about 7 times. These books, helped me see how easy i had it as a kid as these characters were always in trouble, i also used to wish me and my borthers and sister were like them, close and kind, but we never got were. The series of Unfortunate Events came out as a film and as a game and i had both, but as i grew up and my sister had her first baby (my nephew Tyler) he heard about it and wanted the books and stuff and so i gave them to him and he loves them and still does now and he's 9. Tyler used to get me to watch the film with him every night and read the books to him all the time, also as my sister had more children (she has four now) each child has had this series read to them and they all love it, so i know it's a winner with the children and it also a series i will be re-purchasing for when i have children of my own. There 13 books to this series and they are: The Bad Beginning, The Reptile Room, The Wide Window, The Miserable Mill, The Austere Academy, The Ersatz Elevator, The Vile Village, The Hostile Hospital, The Carnivorous Carnival, The Slippery Slope, The Grim Grotto, The Penultimate peril and The End. You can purchase these books from Waterstones, Amazon and Ebay. You can purchse the Dvd from and Dvd shop by where you live, Amazon and Ebay. You can purchase the game from Amazon and Ebay.
I hope you enjoyed this top 5 book series. Leave a comment below of you favorite series or tell me if you have read any of these. Don't be scared to recommend any book to me i'll try anything.
Mwah xx

*Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I have added a few sites where to purchase these books but seom like Ebay or Amazon may have stopped selling them.

No comments:

Post a Comment