Sunday 12 August 2012

Polytar.

Hey Guys,
Today i would like to talk about a product that has been in my family since i can remember and i have recommended to alot of people and they have also loved it. If you have a Dry Itchy scalp, Dandruff, Eczema, Psoriasis or even just a build up of skin cells on your scalp thi is the product for you. My mother has always has Eczema on her head and when she is stressed it gets really bad, she went to the doctors and they prescribed something called Polytar and it works wonders. I have used it, my sister has and obviousily my mother has and all of us love it.
It doesn't come in a pretty package or haver girly colours and doesn't look all that good but trust me it's great. Just like shampoo you apply onto wet hair, massage and lather up and rinse out simple. I would recommend if you don't like the smell of this product to use Polytar and then your normal shampoo which is what i do, the smell to me reminds me of my childhood when my mother used to use this all the time but i don't like the smell on my hair. You can ask your doctor for some of this or you can pruchase it off Ebay or Amazon, also most Pharmacies should stock this but most time is out of stock due to the lack of people that know about this product. The price of Polytar ranges from£4 to £6, but i will say if you are thinking it is too expensive, if you use this once a week and only use once each time you wash your hair, it is worth every penny, if you plan to use it all the time i would recommend asking your doctors for some to see if you can get it free.
Hot his product works: The active ingredient in the products, Tar blend, is a combination of ingredients which include: pine tar, cade oil, coal tar solution, arachis oil and an extract of coal tar. Tars reduce itch and act as mild antiseptics. They also act as keratolytics. Keratin is a protein that forms part of the skin structure and can cause excessive thickening in psoriatic conditions. Keratolytic agents break down keratin and therefore help to reduce excessive thickening hardening and scaling of the skin. The Polytar range includes medicated shampoos to treat scalp disorders such as: dandruff, pruritus (itch), psoriasis and an inflammatory skin conditions known as Seborrhoeic Dermatitis in which there is inflammation and flaking of the skin. If you have itchy skin you can aplly Polytar into the bath and bathe in it too.
I would recommend this to anyone with itchy skin, scalp or even people with dandruff. I find that when i have product build up on my hair and it starts to itch if i use polytar and shampoo this works wonders on my scalp.
Have you ever heard of Polytar? Are you going to give it a try? Feel free to leave a comment believe and i will get back to you.

Mwahh xx

Disclaimer:Product mentioned was free from the doctors. I haven't been sponsored to write this blog and all opinions are my own. Imformation on the product was taken from http://www.papaa.org/coal-tar/polytar.

No comments:

Post a Comment